BioPower Corporation (BPC) is a proudly South African company that offers innovative technical sanitation solutions for Africa, while creating sustainable job opportunities and contribute towards social upliftment in conjunction with both the public- and private sector.
The company focuses on the identification of opportunities in the design, construction, research, development and implementation of economically viable projects following a Green Development Mechanism in the area of sanitation.
BPC uses BioSol SL36 - a 100% natural, non-toxic microbiological mix - to treat organic waste by digesting the sludge and removing the malodours. We also use state-of-the-art, energy efficient green technology to treat black- and grey water from various waste systems and institutions to general releasing standards as per Section 39 of the National Water Act, 1998 (Act No. 36 of 1998) which means it is also fit for limited reuse. The company strives towards being the leading authority in the following sanitation fields:
• Construction and installation of Decentralised Wastewater Treatment Systems/Biological Wastewater Treatment Plants.
• Wastewater Treatment Works (WWTW) and Waste Stabilisation Pond (WSP) rehabilitation and bioremediation.
• Wastewater Treatment processors with online operation and monitoring.
• Organic waste treatment, e.g., pit latrines, portable toilets, and septic tanks.
• Water Purification chemicals and solutions.
BPC has tasked itself to empower those who want to participate through various business opportunities that create socio-economic growth through job opportunities and skills development and transfer.
We have taken much consideration in adhering to all the facets of the South African dream of growth, research and sustainable living. Furthermore, our business model allows us to embark on the development of projects which see the country being a proud landmark in the post liberation struggle and the establishment of democracy in South Africa.
- Keeping the world alive -
ABOUT THE COMPANY
BPC and its various solutions are aimed at assisting Government, municipalities and private entities in their endeavour to achieve the objectives as set out in the Medium-Term Strategic Framework and National Development Plan.
Our objectives are addressed directly through our scope of business:
• Attracting investment into the various peri-urban and rural regions;
• Reducing unemployment through job opportunities, skills- development and transfer;
• Ensuring the equitable distribution of economic growth and reducing inequality;
• Improving the nation’s health profile and environment;
• Conserving water and preventing the contamination of water resources.
• Contributing to regional economic integration in the SADC.